About Andrew Taylor
Education: MA Sports Management and BS Exercise Science Education from The Ohio State University
Credentials: USATF Level 1 Certified, CoachUp Certified
I was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado and grew up in Columbus, Ohio. I grew up running and riding my bike to do almost everything with friends. It was the best and most fun way to get around town. Using my body as a mode of transportation quickly lead to a passion for running during middle school. While I continued to play organized baseball and basketball, running was becoming my best talent. I competed on the Varsity Track & Field and Cross Country teams all four years of high school. Also, to keep in shape during the winters, I competed on the Varsity Swim Team.
I attended The Ohio State University, where I earned both my BS in Exercise Science (2006) and MA in Sports Management (2009).
After finishing my Bachelors degree program, I worked as a Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Coach for four years at fitness clubs and performance training centers in Columbus. My experience working at different facilities lead me to pursue my Masters degree to learn more about facility and business management.
With the additional education, I landed a job with a specialty retail store in Charleston, South Carolina as an Assistant Manager. Over the course of six years, I worked my way up to Store Manager and became a very recognizable figure in the local endurance sport community. It was during this time that I fully realized the power of community and the receptiveness of people to hear about my experiences and knowledge as a fitness coach.
I moved to Modesto, California in June 2016 to have more family support close by as Nicole and I raise our son, Samuel. Here, I am pursuing helping individuals take their training to another level and growing the Sunrise Running Company business.
My own endurance sport career has been long and varied in focus. I competed in middle-distance Track & Field, Cross Country, swimming, and triathlons. In 2011, I shifted my focus to ultra-marathons, where I have now completed six 100-mile endurance runs. Now in 2019, I am focused more on my family and developing other runners talents. My upcoming races include the California International Marathon (December), Quicksilver 100K (May), and Western States 100 (June).
Why I enjoy coaching?
Defining moment in my running career
My Running Partners
Notable race finishes:
- Tahoe Rim Trail 100 (2022)
- Austin Marathon (2022)
- Bandera 100k ( 2022)
- Skyline 50k Endurance Run (2021)
- N.U.T. 50k (2021)
- Canyons Endurance Run 100K (2 Times)
- California International Marathon (3 Times)
- Javelina Jundred (2017)
- Canyons Endurance Run 25K (2017)
- Modesto Half Marathon (2017)
- Western States 100 (2016)
- Wambaw Swamp Stomp 50-Miler (4 Times)
- Peyton’s Wild & Wacky 5k Ultra (4 Times)
- Grindstone 100 (2015 Finisher)
- Quest For The Crest 50k (2015)
- Delirium 24-Hour Run (2 Times)
- Last Chance 50k (2014)
- Mad Marsh 50k (2014)
- Pinhoti 100 (2 Times)
- Burning River 100 (2014)
- Bad Marsh Night 50k (2014)
- Chattanooga Mountain Stage Race (2 Times)
- North Face 50-Miler Georgia (3 Times)
- Homestead 10x5k Ultra (2013)
- Charleston Marathon (2 Times)
- Pikes Peak Ascent (2008)
- Pike Peak Marathon (2020)
- Flying Pig Marathon (2006)
- National Marathon – Washington, DC (2006)
- Glass City Marathon (2005)
- Columbus Marathon (5 Times)